Losing an Angel by Paul Riggio


http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577386380
Losing an Angel
by Paul Riggio
Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 11:13am

How does one lose an Angel? How does one lose a friend? What was once inseparable is now torn apart. With each passing moment the realization of the truth is reveal to us. The relationship once shared is nothing more than a memory – a point in time which becomes irrelevant to our present life. Although we try and try to mend what is now broken, we find ourselves caught in a cruel web of lies, deceit, and empty promises. We lie to ourselves; we lie to others. We force ourselves to believe that we can make right of what will forever be wrong. The only solution to solving this problem is to let go – move forward with our lives and never look back. We cannot change how others feel about us. As sad as the truth may be, as disappointed we are, it is best to just keep moving on. Losing a special friend is never easy, but let’s say that friend is an Angel. How much more do we hurt? How much more does this leave a burden in our hearts? Someone of whom we have placed all our trust in; someone we love…Can we ever obtain what time has stolen from us? Are we able to gather enough will to fight for what you believe is right?

I have lost a friend in a Songbird’s song; I have lost an Angel. Life, for me, just does not feel the same anymore. The struggle of trusting others leaves me in a place of darkness and loneliness. No more can I develop a relationship with another without being hesitant. Trying to open up to another is now one of the most difficult tasks I partake in. Smiles are empty; laughter is no longer enjoyable. How do I make right of my new life. What steps must I take to forgive and move one? Chasing dreams, walking lonely paths to find a safe place, how can I wash away the thoughts that were once sacred to me? Forgive me my old friend, for I cannot let go. Forgive me my Angel, you have and will always remain in my heart.


I aint mad at ya.
In fact, I’m mad at myself
for trying to make something outta nothing
...jus gotta keep ridin that wave
…Life!!!
- PAUL RIGGIO -

No comments: