MIssing Miss Esther

Granny, i went to the ballot drop box today and placed your ballot in there. i had been meaning to change my name for years, but i was too scared to. and i am now happy i waited because when we last spoke, you knew me as cindy. while i am NEVER (I PRAY TO GOD) EVER going to stop being your GrandChile, i am going to change my name to SomaMoja ZuriAsali QUASHEBA. Soma (see), Moja (one), Zuri (cute), Asali (honey) are all kiswahili words, and QUASHEBA, an Akan word is the feminine form of Quashie, meaning Girl Child Born ON A SunDay.

I have developed a well documented ARTISTE reputation with pen names; previously as Cin D Quashie, then Ghettoink, then CnD Adrienne Quashie, and now wordslingAH, Da Kid!.

Ghettoink will go on connected to wordslingAH Da Kid!.

Cin D Quashie, i won't miss because it always seemed creatively lazy.

CnD Adrienne Quashie, however, came on The Wind to Ma Soul with The Meaning, Creative and Divinely Artistic Child Born On A Sunday. SO A'll always LOVE that one.

However, Dr. God Good Grace Willing, I am and will be on all of my government documentation SomaMoja ZuriAsali QUASHEBA.

But You can always call me Cindy, because the Sugar Cane Juice that sweetened those words whenever they flowed from Your Being are THE REASON I know I have always been SeeOne CuteHoney GirlChildBornOnASunday.

Now let r'we discuss EMPRESS. This is because I never like Ms, I did want to have a family but the notion of becoming a Mr s (and that space is deliberate) scares me now as I type. AND after all the cow&bull shit that i no longer allow to pile up and choke me, I am not even going to provide any fewl an opening to ask me why I choose to use 'Miss.' I do not have tome to explain that I was born before Ms became fashionable and allowed.

So I am going with EMPRESS, just plain E for short.

Your Da'Lin GrandChile,
4EVA messing wid U rose bush,
E SomaMoja ZuriAsali QUASHEBA
(my fren dem call me Ms Buford D Bumpkin) LOL

I AM ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN LOVE WITH MISS ESTHER.

No comments: