the beat hit me like...

A Composer sent me a wonderfully orchestrated piece, to listen to and see what i could do with it. The joy of the honor is so enrapturing to Ma Soul that so far A've only been able to download it on my cellphone. I am Blessed, Eternally Honored and privileged by this affirmation by an another Artiste who can feel my passion.
but enough a dat thurr,

the beat nit me like
shopping for seashells at Haulover like
a wink across the room from one you clocking like
getting all wishes granting in a field of clovers like
dunk top dropped lower than da bass boom got ma head bopping like
the beat that hit me like
a wanna go all night 'til morning like
come dawning and meet me still flowing like
the creek down the road where we fish like
dem bwois on da ave be delicious dishes like
how a got hit by the beat like
supper and meringue with yah baby all night like
even before we get to swinging, am cheesing like
it's the first date, but we done put in silver as one like
them grannybabies we got that bring us giggly delights like
GOD MAKE THE STOP HITTING AND REALLY WHUP ME LIKE
the pleasure in the pain when you birth a child like
the sweet tears when you know your Homie playing bones with Gabriel like
me and ma brother suck seed or salt but ain't ne'er dropped each other like
ice cream money from ELDERS who pinch your cheeks 'cause they so plumb like
the beat hitting me
awakening places deep within
that i long thought lost

10.28.08 07:29PM, PDT©cindyadriennequashie

No comments: