A WARN BAWL ALL DEY



Sunset on Station Street

I have to left Her go
She's been wanting to leave for a long time
But every time, I would force Her to take me too
So She would return from the sinkhole
having not asked it to take her down

And every time out of the joy
of not having certainty of what would remain
if She was gone
I would hug Her closer
Squeeze Her tighter
Not knowing I was making it harder
For Me to breathe

Just sure I was giving Her
The Love She has longed for
every since She was six
and had to leave Granny House in Dieppe Bay
to go move to Trinity

And is only now
A find half a quarter spoon of valor
to admit
She ain't been happy since

She ain't told nobody
She could feel dying inside
for even with the weekend trips
and extended time Granny come Points to visit
Her Life as She knew it
had passed away.

But like a decommissioned frock
I kept Her around as stock
that I used to boost myself

Lawd, God, A sorry
but is only now A understand
Cindy Adrienne Quashie never grew to be Woman
And A been posted up flossing
on her casket buried inside me

She Born on the cusp
so in the house as third parent
She was commanded to do way too much
than She knew how to explain She just could not bare
but She toiled,
while inside She wore down
and She can't go no more

She just tell me Mine is now everything She treasure out She own
She pens, computer, notebook drawings, poems
She Nappy Tresses
But not Her love of dresses
For She know me don't like them

A have to let her go,
join Winnie, Ma Jane and Mom them

They were Bejeweled Silk Prisms
of Rainbowed Nights
as they sat on Sunday Twilights
at the head of Station Street .
(original Sunset on Station Street 11212007 11:45PM)

She bequeathed unto Me
Her affection, passion, valor, grace and charm
And I know She is heading
to an eternal Warrior Princess post
as My Guardian Angel alarm

She leave me Her Brother phone number too
For through the greys of all her years,
His Love Remains Her Purest Blues

And is only now
Am able to realize
She been trying to leave

so that
I could LIVE
and
LOVE MY LIFE

So this Cute Baby,
seven never song to She
is leaving forty-one
as Her final melody


(She wanted to grow up
and be a Calypsonian named
The Mighty Fort Capesterre.)



05:00:59am, PDT, 08142008©®SomaMoja ZuriAsali QUASHEBA (The Essence of Cindy Adrienne Quashie Love Remains)



No comments: